Women in the Visual Arts
Women in the Visual Arts Biennial shows the creative potential of women and the marks it leaves on our state's art system and internationally.
From March to December, the Women in the Visual Arts Biennial brings together initiatives that make women and gender issues a source for reflection, debate and creation.
BMAV produces and brings together initiatives that showcase the talent of women and treat gender as a catalyst of reflection, debate and creativity, with a view to achieving the following aims:
- Reaffirm the idea that gender diversity, like cultural diversity, fosters excellence in art, culture and education.
- Insist that equality needs to be a decisive criterion in education, culture, and public and private life.
- Strengthen ties with institutions, associations or social groups that share our concept of equality.
- Prove that networking makes our actions more visible and emotionally engaging, under the umbrella of sisterhood and reciprocity.
- Consolidate our association as a forum for reflection and thought in the fields of feminism, gender studies and the visual arts.
- Support the actions and efforts of the members who comprise and give meaning to MAV.